This article covers how to edit user account permissions for your Poynt Smart Terminal.
To edit user account permissions, complete the following:
1. Navigate to the Poynt Merchant portal.
2. Click SIGN IN.
3. Enter your email address and password, and click Sign in.
4. Click Business > Terminal users.
5. Click the Edit icon next to the user you would like to edit.
6. Under User role, select the appropriate option.
Poynt Smart Terminals have three user permission options: Employees, Managers, and Owners.
Employees can void transactions. Employees have limited access to the TRANSACTIONS and REPORTS sections.
Managers can void and refund transactions. Managers have access to the SETTLE, TRANSACTIONS, BATCH HISTORY, and REPORTS sections.
Owners can void and refund transactions, and process non-reference refunds. Owners have access to the SETTLE, TRANSACTIONS, BATCH HISTORY, and REPORTS sections.