This article covers how to set up the Verifone VX 680 terminal.
To set up your terminal, complete the following:
1. Insert the battery into the back of the terminal.
2. Insert the power adapter into the back of the base if provided. If a base was not provided, insert the power adapter into the side of the terminal.
3. Insert the power adapter into an electrical outlet.
4. Connect both halves of the power adapter together.
5. Press and hold the green key until the terminal turns on.
6. The terminal will run through its startup procedure. Once complete, press Menu.
7. Press the up or down arrows until you see Logon.
8. Select Logon.
The terminal should display Approved.