Desk5000 TERMINAL SETUP & CONNECTIVITY GUIDE
Please note this article applies to terminals with Global Payments
Plugging in the Device
- Connect an ethernet cable to the ETH port located on the Magic Box
- If using dial connection connect phone line to the symbol on the Magic Box
- Connect the power cable to the terminal power box and the other side to a surge protector or power box
Connecting your Device
Once the terminal loads to the “Global Payments screen” the connectivity indicator on the screen should be lit green if connected to the network
If the the indicator is red or grey instead, please follow the following steps
- From the “Global Payments” Screen, Press the # Button
- Enter Admin Name 1, Press Enter
- Enter Admin Password, Press Enter (contact support for password)
- Select 3 - Setup Menu
- Select 2 - Communications
- Select 3 - Ethernet
- Select 1 - Current Ethernet Setup
- Confirm there is an IP address other than 0.0.0.0
If the device is showing 0.0.0.0 then you will need to troubleshoot and reboot your network
Completing a Test Transaction
- Press 0, “Sale”
- Enter $0.01, Enter
- Enter 1 if prompted for Invoice# or Server ID
- Insert or Tap Card
- Terminal should display “Approved” If not please contact support.
- Press 3, “Void”
- Enter User ID 1, Enter
- Enter Password , Enter (contact support for password)
- Select All, Find transaction from above.
- Select sale, Insert card to perform void sale.
Congratulations! You are ready to accept payments!
Please call Paystone Support for any assistance at 1-888-900-9192