This article covers how to set up the Verifone VX 820 duet terminal.
To set up your terminal, complete the following:
1. Insert the power adapter into the terminal and rotate the cable to clip it in place.
2. Insert the power adapter into an electrical outlet.
3. Connect both halves of the power adapter together.
4. Connect an Ethernet cable to the base.
5. Connect the same Ethernet cable to a modem, router, or switch.
Note: A phone line can be used instead of, or in addition to, an Ethernet cable.
6. The terminal will run through its startup procedure. Once complete, press Menu.
7. Press the up or down arrows until you see Logon.
8. Select Logon.