This article covers how to set up talech on your iPad®, including setting up Elo PayPoint and your Ingenico iCT 250 terminal.
Before you begin:
- Make sure to charge your iPad and go through the initial setup procedure. If you plan to use more than one iPad, each iPad should have a unique device name. The same Apple® ID can be used for each iPad.
- The terminal must be configured for use with talech For information on configuring an Ingenico terminal, refer to How to enable integrated mode.
iPad Set Up
To set up your iPad for talech, complete the following:
1. Download talech Register app from the Apple App Store®.
2. Log in with your talech username and password.
Note: Your talech username and password is in the welcome email you received when you signed up with talech initially.
3. Create a six digit administrator PIN.
4. Select your default view.
Elo PayPoint Set Up
To set up your Elo PayPoint device, complete the following:
1. Connect the power cord to the base of the device and to a power outlet.
2. Remove the Lightning connector cap from the tablet tray.
3. Insert your iPad into the tablet tray.
4. Connect the Lightning connector plug to the tablet tray.
5. Open the talech Register app.
6. Log in with your talech username, password, and PIN.
7. Select Dashboard > Back Office > Help > Elo PayPoint > Update.
8. Restart the talech Register app once the update is complete.
Ingenico iCT 250 Set Up
To set up your iCT 250 terminal, complete the following:
1. Connect the power adapter to the terminal and to a power outlet.
2. Connect the terminal to a modem, router, or switch.
3. Press the # key.
4. Select Misc. Options > Semi-integrated > Enable Semi Integ.
5. Select ON > Communications Type > Ethernet.
6. Note the IP address shown as it is required later.
Note: Zomaron recommends setting a static IP address on the terminal. For information on how to set a static IP address on an Ingenico terminal, refer to How to set a static IP address.
7. Type 6556.
8. Press the green key.
9. Press red key.
10. Select Receipts Options > ECR.
11. Open the talech Register app on your iPad.
Note: If you are not logged in as an administrator, log out and log in as an administrator.
12. In the talech Register app, select Dashboard > Back Office > Settings > Card Reader.
13. Select Ingenico iCT 220, iCT 250, iWL 250.
14. Under Reader IP Address, enter the IP address from step 5.
15. Under Port Address, enter 6556.
You can now test your device. Once you are ready to begin, talech can clear all of your test activity from your iPad.
Note: talech will only clear all transactions once.